The Gold Coast Medical Association (GCMA) and the Vanuatu Medical and Dental Association (VMDA) to join together this September to present their first-ever joint medical conference, the 2017 Vanuatu Medical Conference.
Held at the Warwick Le Lagon Resort, Port Vila, Vanuatu from Thursday 21 to Saturday 23 September 2017, this Conference will bring together members of the Gold Coast Medical Association with medical colleagues in Vanuatu for the inaugural GCMA/VDMA Medical Conference, featuring the theme “Charting the Way Forward”.
Conference highlights include:
- A scientific program, including a ‘top-flight’ plenary session on the future health needs of Vanuatu, two parallel sessions covering a wide variety of clinical topics, and skills-based workshop sessions. All topics are presented by a distinguished faculty of international and local NiVan speakers
- A social program with a traditional warrior welcome reception and a conference dinner with local music, dancing and ‘fire show’
- An exceptional venue at the 5-star Warwick Le Lagon Resort with exceptionally low room rates
- Vanuatu – a picturesque holiday destination for individuals and families during the Australian September school holidays
- This is a perfect opportunity to meet with NiVan medical colleagues and contribute to the professional development of the Pacific Island medical community
Full registration (includes full scientific program and all social events) is just AUD$325 for Australian delegates.
The program for the 2017 Valuatu Medical Conference includes a full day of lectures and clinical presentations, and an additional half day of visits to local medical facilities. Included in the program is a traditional welcome reception and a conference dinner packed with local entertainment.