Adjusting or living with an injury or disability
We know how hard it can be to secure a job if you’re living with a disability, injury or illness.
We are Australia’s largest provider of Disability Employment Services and have been helping people find or maintain work for more than 23 years.
Whether you use a wheelchair, receive treatment for depression or anxiety, or are recovering from a stroke, back injury or other health issue, our consultants understand everyone is different.
We aim to help you overcome your challenges and enjoy the benefits of paid employment whatever your circumstances.
We work with you to find suitable jobs and work with employers to promote the benefits you will bring to their business. Including how they could receive financial incentives such as wage subsidies, and access workplace modifications if required, so you can work successfully, at no additional cost to their business.
Have a job, but need support?
If you have a job, but your employment is at risk due to the impact of an injury, illness or disability, speak to us about how our Job in Jeopardy service may assist you and your employer.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a source of income, being part of a team and a valuable member of the workplace has huge benefits for your health and wellbeing.
When you register with us, you get support from an employment consultant who will work with you and guide you through the process.
Whether you’re at school, unemployed or worried about keeping your current job, our dedicated teams may help you with:
- Searching for a job that’s right for you and finding your career path
- Leveraging your strengths, skills and interests
- Managing health issues that may make it difficult for you to find work
- Tools and training to help with your resume and job interviews
- Building your work skills with training such as short courses, apprenticeships or job placements
We’re with you every step of the way
Together, when we find a job for you, we work with your new employer to provide you with more support for the best possible start. This includes:
- Support when you start the job to learn the role and workplace requirements
- A plan with your employer to make sure the role matches your abilities
- Providing support to buy equipment, software or workplace adjustments if required
- Help with any issues that arise, joining discussions with your employer where appropriate
- Working with your medical / support services to help you maintain your job
If you’re living with the results of an illness, injury or living with a disability and want to find part-time or full-time work, contact us to see if you can join our program.
Find out more apm.net.au